Top 5 Things To Before Your Wedding
1. Hire a wedding planner
If you’re planning a destination wedding in Morocco, this is particularly important. There are so many details that are involved with a wedding and the last thing you want on your wedding day is to be stressing about vendors and timing and if the musicians have arrived! We have never had a couple regret their decision in hiring a wedding planner. If you hire a planner with experience working in Morocco, they will also be able to secure the most reliable vendors. Generally, time is more relaxed in Morocco. At a traditional Moroccan wedding, this can mean that the entire wedding starts a few hours later than planned. An experienced wedding planner will know what time to tell vendors and will be able to manage any hiccups during the day. We’ve worked with some incredible planners and would be happy to make a recommendation.
2. Plan for a photoshoot the day before your wedding
There are a number of advantages to planning a couple session the day before your wedding.
- The chance to get to know your photographer(s) better before the big day. We find that couples are so much more relaxed the day of their wedding when we’ve had a chance to get to know each other and they’ve already had some time in front of the camera.
- We can take advantage of the best lighting. The best lighting is in the last two hours before sunset. Depending on how you’ve organized your wedding day, it may not be possible to get many photos during this time.
- A chance for just the two of you to have some time together before the big day. Our goal is that our couples feel relaxed and have fun during their photoshoot. Our style is more directing than posing, which means directing you as a couple into positions that are natural, flattering, and fit who you are as a couple.
- Have you visited Morocco before? There are some incredible photoshoot locations! On your wedding day all of the photos will likely take place at the venue itself. Why not choose a location different than the style of your venue to showcase more of the city you’ve chosen and its cultural and geographical diversity.
3. Hire a make-up artist
For brides, you want to look and feel the best for your wedding day. That doesn’t mean you need to apply heavy makeup! However, it’s great to invest in a makeup artist who will be able to expertly highlight your best features and who knows how to apply makeup that will appear best on camera and last throughout your wedding day. Find a makeup artist who understands and respects the look you’re going for – natural, dramatic, etc. link to post about makeup
4. Create a timeline for your day
Choose a photographer who not only has the kind of style you’re looking for, but who you feel you can best jive with on the day of your wedding. They will be with you A LOT on your wedding day, so you’ll want someone that you’re comfortable with and that you feel like you can entrust your wedding day moments to.